Interested in working for us? Albany Preschool is an equal opportunity employer, and currently we have the following positions available:
Albany Preschool is a play-based, parent cooperative preschool, founded in 1937. Twenty-four children from 3 years to 5 years of age share a large classroom with spacious yards, along with tons of supplies for art and other activities.
This position reports to the Executive Director and works with a supportive teaching team.
- Engaging in developmentally-appropriate curriculum and activities, including circle time, games, storytelling, projects, and experiments.
- Implementing school curriculum and lesson plans as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Assisting Executive Director in developing curriculum.
- Working with the Executive Director and participating parents to set up the classroom each day.
- Leading program in absence of the Executive Director or other teachers.
- Communicating regularly with parents about their child’s development in the classroom.
- Understanding of basic Title 22 regulations.
- Attending and contributing to staff meetings, parent orientations and school events.
- All other tasks deemed necessary by the Executive Director.
- 3 hours a year of professional development required.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 12 ECE units.
- 3+ years’ experience in a play-based early childhood education program.
- Strong collaborative work style. Experience working as part of a team of teachers.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Creative and enthusiastic interest in children, teaching, and learning.
Substitute Teacher, As Needed
We are looking for enthusiastic, creative, and loving teachers to join our substitute list.. This position is not for someone seeking full time work, but is ideal for someone open to making extra income throughout the year. You would be working with a supportive teaching team that consists of both teachers and parent participators. If interested please submit resume and list of completed ECE courses to email@example.com. No phone calls, faxes or visits.
Applicants must have:
- The 12 core Early Childhood Education required by Community Care Licensing
- A Current negative TB test, and Live-scan report
- Experience in a preschool setting
- First aid/CPR certification a plus
This position requires physical activity and some lifting