Please contact email@example.com to check the status of openings for the current 2017-18 school year.
Applications for the 2018-19 school year will be available in early December and are due by February 1st for priority consideration, however we will continue to accept applications after that date. A tour is required for enrollment, but it can be taken before or after submitting an application.
Here’s how to apply:
1. Take a tour. Tours last approximately 45 minutes. You are welcome to bring your child(ren) to the tour as it is a great way to get a sense of how your child responds to the environment. Click here to request a tour. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. A tour is required for enrollment, but it can be taken after you have submitted an application.
3. Optional: Attend our annual Open House in January to learn more, talk to other current APS parents, and check out the preschool space again. Ask all of your remaining questions! You can learn more about our summer program and upcoming events as well.
4. Submit an application and application fee of $50 by February 1st for top priority. (Applications will still be accepted after Feb. 1st.) Application fee payments can be made by check or online via PayPal
or you can send a check. Checks are made payable to Albany Preschool and please note your child’s name, “Application Fee” and the year applying in the memo field. Your application will be marked received only once the application fee has been received. Hard copy applications are available at Albany Preschool. Download application here.
5. Add this address: “email@example.com” to your email safe list to make sure you receive our communications.
6. Notifications will be mailed by March 1st to offer acceptance to the program or to offer a spot on the waitlist. If you accept an offer for admission, your signed offer letter and enrollment deposit will be due by April 1st to secure your spot in our school.
7. Families who are accepted will receive access to fill out all necessary enrollment forms, finalize schedule and participation days, chose your snack days, view the calendar, etc.
Your child must turn 3 years old by December 2nd to be considered for admission this year.
Children must be toilet trained before beginning school.
Children must be immunized per state state requirements: www.shotsforschool.org.
Our Acceptance Policy:
On February 1st, all applications received by that date will be sorted into these 5 Enrollment Priority Categories:
1. Returning students from the previous year
2. Siblings of previous-year students, in good standing
3. Children of former preschool families within the past 5 years, in good standing
4. Albany residents new to the school
5. Non-Albany residents new to the school
When the number of applicants exceeds the number of openings, a waiting list will be established, prioritized as above. Names are placed on the list in the order received, but this order does not guarantee priority. The school’s enrollment goals and priority system listed above are utilized to determine the first eligible applicant on the waiting list.
Questions? Please ask! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
A tour of the preschool is a required part of the application process. Parents are welcome to bring their child(ren) to observe the school in session. The tours are typically 45 minutes and are a great way to get a sense of how your child responds to the environment.
Tours are by appointment only, and are based on tour guide availability.
- Morning Program Tours: Fridays at 9:30 a.m.
- Afternoon Program Tours: Tuesdays at 1:30 p.m.
How to Request a Tour:
- Using the online form below, select two or more dates that work for your schedule. Please confirm that you are interested in a morning tour or an afternoon tour. (Note tour time and day options above.)
- A tour guide will send you a confirmation email.