APS is still accepting applications for the 2018-2019 school year. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions and to find out more about available openings before submitting an application.
Application for the 2019-2020 school year will be available on our website in early December 2018 and should be turned in by February 1st, 2019 for priority consideration. We will continue to accept applications after February 1st.
- Download the 2018-2019 Enrollment Application (PDF – 17 KB)
**You can pay the $50 enrollment application fee by check or via PayPal if you have a PayPal account (there is a hyperlink to the PayPal website in the PDF). Log in to PayPal and make the payment to email@example.com. In the “Notes” field of PayPal, please indicate that the check is for an “application fee,” your child’s first and last name, and the school year for which you are applying.
How to apply:
1. Request to take a tour. Tours last approximately 45 minutes. You are welcome to bring your child(ren) to the tour, as it is a great way to see how your child responds to the environment. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. A tour is required for enrollment, but it can be taken after you have submitted an application.
**NOTE – Albany Preschool is closed during the month of August. Tours, by appointment only, will resume the week of September 10th. .
3. Optional: Attend our annual Open House on January 26, 2019 to learn more, talk to current Albany Preschool Co-op parents, and check out the preschool space again. Bring your questions! You can also learn more about our summer program and upcoming events.
4. Download our application or pick up a hardcopy at the Albany Preschool.
- Download the 2018-19 Enrollment Application (PDF – 17 KB)
5. Submit an application and application fee of $50 by February 1st for top priority. (Applications will still be accepted after February 1st.) Your application will be marked received only once the application fee has been received.
The $50 application fee payment can be made by online via PayPal (you must have a PayPal account to pay via PayPal) or by check. If paying by check, please make the check out to “Albany Preschool.” In the memo field, please indicate that the check is for an “application fee,” your child’s first and last name, and the school year for which you are applying. If you prefer to mail your application and application fee, our mailing address is 850 Masonic Ave. Albany, CA 94706.
If paying via PayPal, please log into your PayPal account and indicate email@example.com as the payee. In the “Notes” field of PayPal, please indicate that the check is for an “application fee,” your child’s first and last name, and the school year for which you are applying.
6. Add this email address: “firstname.lastname@example.org” to your email safe list to make sure you receive our communications.
7. Notifications will be mailed by March 1st to offer acceptance to the program or to offer a spot on the waitlist. If you accept an offer for admission, your signed offer letter and enrollment deposit will be due by April 1st to secure your spot in our school.
8. Families who are accepted will receive access to fill out all necessary enrollment forms, finalize schedule and participation days, chose your snack days, view the calendar, etc.
Your child must turn 3 years old by December 2nd to be considered for admission this year.
Children must be toilet trained before beginning school.
Children must be immunized per state state requirements: www.shotsforschool.org.
Our Acceptance Policy:
On February 1st, all applications received by that date will be sorted into these 5 Enrollment Priority Categories:
1. Returning students from the previous year
2. Siblings of previous-year students, in good standing
3. Children of former preschool families within the past 5 years, in good standing
4. Albany residents new to the school
5. Non-Albany residents new to the school
When the number of applicants exceeds the number of openings, a waiting list will be established, prioritized as above. Names are placed on the list in the order received, but this order does not guarantee priority. The school’s enrollment goals and priority system listed above are utilized to determine the first eligible applicant on the waiting list.
Questions? Please ask! Contact email@example.com
A tour of the preschool is a required part of the application process. Parents are welcome to bring their child(ren) to observe the school in session. The tours are typically 45 minutes and are a great way to get a sense of how your child responds to the environment.
Tours are by appointment only, and are based on tour guide availability.
- Morning Program Tours: Wednessdays at 9:30 a.m.
- Afternoon Program Tours: Tuesdays at 1:30 p.m.
**NOTE – Albany Preschool is closed during the month of August. Tours, by appointment only, will resume the week of September 10th.
How to Request a Tour:
- Using the online form below, select two or more dates that work for your schedule. Please confirm that you are interested in a morning tour or an afternoon tour. (Note tour time and day options above.)
- A tour guide will send you a confirmation email.