Family Responsibilities Summary
As a cooperative organization, Albany Preschool families work together to keep the school a clean and pleasant place in which all children can learn and play. This benefits families by keeping tuition low, helps parents meet and interact with each other and get to know the school.
Here’s a brief outline of the family responsibilities. Note that fines are imposed if these responsibilities are not fulfilled. For full details, see the Albany Preschool Parent Handbook. (You will receive the latest Parent Handbook at orientation).
* Attendance at Orientation
* Classroom Participation (AM families only)
* Attendance at monthly Parent Meetings
* Performance of Family Jobs. (See full list of family jobs)
* Participation in three Work Parties per year
* Participation in Fundraising Activities
Monthly Participation Schedule
The current participation schedule is available under the Files tab of the Albany Preschool Big Tent page. You must subscribe to access this schedule.
Resources for Parents
* How Children Learn, How Adults Teach
* Parenting Basics
* Play – Evolutionary, Universal & Essential
* Separation Anxiety
* Children’s Books
* Conflict Resolution
* National Network for Child Care – First Day Tips
* A Creative Curriculum for Child Care