Reading is an important part of our day at Albany Preschool. We read about space ships and fire trucks, plants and animals. We read to learn. Reading improves a child’s imagination, vocabulary, attention span, sound structure, and more. When we apply dialogic reading, our preschoolers become active listeners, and reading becomes fun.
- Completion prompts: The itsy bitsy spider…what did it do?
- Recall prompts: What happened to the spider?
- Open-ended prompts: How do you think the spider felt?
- Why prompts: Why do you think the spider was climbing up the spout, anyway?
- Distancing prompts: When have you been caught in the rain?